Ohio Gymnastics Institute, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 Ohio Gymnastics Institute, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5701 West Webb Road, Austintown Ohio 44515
OGI Dress Code
- Required to wear a leotard that covers the torso. A form fitted t-shirt and/or shorts or leggings may be worn over the the leotard but no zippers, buttons, or snaps will be permitted.
- Hair shoulder length or longer must be pulled back with an elastic band.
- No jewelry, except for 1 pair of stud earrings
- Required to wear shorts or warm up pants with no zippers, buttons or snaps. T-shirt should be form fitting. No baggy clothes.
- No jewelry, except for 1 pair of stud earrings
Athletes in Parkour & Cheerleading classes should wear their sport specific shoes in class provided that they are NOT worn outdoors and are clean. Athletes should wear other shoes here and then change to sport specific shoes prior to the start of their class.
While we are happy to be opening, we acknowledge the responsibilities that come with bringing athletes back to the gym. The health and safety of our athletes, their families, and our staff are our priority. In preparation for reopening, we have reviewed our operations and revised our policies and procedures in light of government guidelines and requirements regarding the coronavirus. However, we may need to make modifications as the understanding of the virus evolves and guidance changes.
We are all in this together. We need every family to do their part to practice good hygiene, follow our policies and procedures, and be patient and supportive of our athletes and coaches during this time. Please work with us and understand that we cannot permit those who do not follow the policies and procedures to be in the gym.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BRINGING YOUR CHILD TO CLASS
Most class sizes have been reduced to help maintain the 6-foot social distancing.
Turtles - 6 to 1 ratio
Bouncing Bear, Tigers, Just Back Handsprings - 6 to 1 ratio
Lions & Girls & Boys Rec, Tramp and Tumble, Parkour and Cheer - 8 to 1
- Athletes will no longer switch teachers during class.
- During class, athletes will switch stations simultaneously at the direction of the instructor.
- Athletes will maintain a 6-foot distance from others throughout their class.
- Equipment will be sanitized prior to and after every class.
- We will provide very limited seating for parents of younger athletes. We request that only Jungle Gym (our preschool classes) parents view at this time. Bleachers have been removed and replaced with chairs. There will be designated spaces for each chair in the observation area to maintain 6-foot social distancing. Cleaning solution will be available on the concession stand counter for wiping down chairs. Our staff will be cleaning the chairs periodically but we ask that you also wipe down your chair prior to and after using it.
- We have updated our faucets, toilets and soap dispensers to be hands free.
- Restrooms and common areas will be sanitized at least hourly.
- We encourage you and your child to wash hands and use the restroom prior to and after leaving OGI to the extent possible.
- Athletes must bring personal hand sanitizers to use prior to entering and before leaving the gym to reduce congestion in restrooms. Hand sanitizers will also be available out in the gym.
- Restrooms will be open but lockers and hangers will be closed. There will be no socializing or hanging out in restrooms.
- We have updated our lobby water fountain to include a bottle filler. Drinking fountains will be closed but our water bottle filler can be used since it is hands free. Athletes will use their personal water bottles.
- Touchless hand sanitizers have been placed in our lobby and throughout the gym.
Prior to coming to OGI, Athletes and Parents who are Staying to View:
- Should use the restroom
- Pack the athlete’s labeled back pack/draw string bag with grips, personal hand sanitizer, labeled water bottle, etc. (see below)
- Put on a clean pair of socks (to be worn in the gym)
- Wash their hands
- A parent must take the athlete’s temperature and their own if they will be in the building (if it is above 100* you may not attend class/enter the building).
- A parent must check the athlete for other symptoms of sickness and athlete must stay home if sick. Parents should not enter the building if they have symptoms.
Drop Off/Entrance Procedures/Viewing
Jungle Gym (not including Lions) Athletes & Parents
- Parents and athletes can arrive up to 5 minutes prior to their class time and must leave promptly after their class has ended.
- Athletes and parents will enter the gym using the main front entrance and exit the gym using the side door in the observation area.
- All parents must wear a mask while in the building. Athletes can choose to wear a mask prior to and after their class.
- Only 1 parent/non participating individual may choose to stay in the building and view their athlete’s class. We recommend no seniors or siblings at this time.
Lions, Girls & Boys Rec, Tramp and Tumble, Parkour, Cheer & Parents
- Athletes can arrive up to 5 minutes prior to their class time and must leave promptly after their class has ended.
- Athletes will enter the gym using the left stairway of the new building and exit the gym using the right stairway of the new building.
- Athletes under the age of 10 can choose to wear a mask before and during class time. Athletes 10 and older must wear a mask while entering and exiting our facility and while waiting for their class to begin.
- We ask that all recreational parents limit viewing and encourage drop off and pick up at this time. We’ve had to lower our viewing capacity to meet social distancing standards. In addition, we need to allow enough seating for parents of young athletes who cannot be left on their own. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Parents/other adults who stay must wear a mask and must enter through the main front entrance and not the new building entrance with their athlete.
In the building
- All athletes are now required to bring a drawstring bag (preferred) or a back pack labeled with their name every time they come to OGI. In this bag athletes must have:
-a labeled water bottle
-personal hand sanitizer
-grips (if needed)
- OGI will have drawstring bags with hand sanitizers and water bottles available for purchase at the office.
- Upon arrival, REC athletes will walk in and find a marker on the floor to stand on. They will take off any extra clothing, shoes and place items in their bag and put on their clean socks.
- Upon arrival, Preschool athletes will walk in and find a chair to sit on with parent (if accompanying them). They will take off any extra clothing, shoes and place items in their bag and put on their clean socks.
- All athletes will then use their hand sanitizer prior to starting their class and wait to be called out to class.
- Jungle Gym athletes will be called out 1 at a time and will leave their bag with a parent. All other athletes will carry their bag with them for the entirety of their class. No personal belongings can be left in the observation area or restroom.
- Parents must be on time for drop off and pick up. Athletes can be dropped off up to 5 minutes prior to the start of their class time at their designated entrances (listed above).
- At the end of each class JG athletes will be escorted to parents. Rec athletes will be escorted into the new building. They will use their personal sanitizer and put on any clothing needed. They will be walked out of the new building by a staff member for pick up. Please make sure that you are on time for pick up. Staff will stay for 5 minutes and any athlete not picked up will be taken to the front office to wait for parent. Athletes will not be allowed to wait in the parking lot without supervision.
- At home, athletes should change clothing and empty out their drawstring bag. Clothing and the bag should be washed prior to bringing it back to the gym.
- All staff will wear masks while interacting with students and other staff.
- Staff will do their best to maintain a 6-foot distance from athletes. However, there may be times that staff have to break the distance barrier for the safety of an athlete.
- We will be doing minimal spotting at this time. The curriculum will be modified to ensure safety without a spotter.
- All staff will do self-assessments at home prior to coming to work and will not be permitted to work if symptomatic.
- Staff will be temperature checked daily upon entering the building. Staff will be required to stay/go home if fever is over 100* or they are symptomatic.