Open Gyms are designed as supervised recreational practice times. Instructors are present to help participants master skills. Even though it is not like our regular class schedule which is an instructional period with lesson plans and a curriculum, plenty of teaching & learning is going on. There is time for play, but most students use the time to work on mastering new and challenging skills. Not every one of our training stations are open at all times during open gym, but there is never any standing around waiting for turns. Please see the Policy Statement below and recognize that these policies are in place to maintain safety for your children.
Updated policies due to COVID
Athletes may arrive up to 10 minutes prior to the start time to check in. Once checked in head out to the observation area and remember to social distance. Once in the observation area:
-put on your wrist band
-take off your shoes
-use hand sanitizer
-put all items in your bag (all athletes must have a bag to put all personal items in. We are not using lockers at this time.)
-wait to be escorted into the Preschool area to sit prior to Open Gym.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN ALL OPEN GYM TIMES - call 330-652-4386 to register over the phone up to 24 hours prior to the start of an open gym session. You may register for an Open Gym up to two weeks in advance. All participants must have a standard Registration form or an Open Gym Registration form on file with the office in order to participate.
Ohio Gymnastics Institute (330) 652-4386 (voice)
5701 West Webb Road, (330) 652-4387 (fax)
Austintown, OH 44515 OGIOffice@aol.com
Open Gym Registration forms:
Student (6-18 years old)
Preschool Open Gym Registration form:
Amateur Athletic Union Registration:
Member Prices require a $35.00 per year Annual Registration Fee. The Annual Registration Fee includes the cost of an AAU Membership for those who are required to purchase one.
In order to maintain a quality experience for our customers we are modifying our Open Gym Policies. Our primary goal is to maintain a safe, productive environment for our students. REMEMBER: Open Gyms are not designed as an instructional period. Open Gyms are times when participants may work on skills which need to be mastered for the National Gymnastics Skills Test Program, for tryouts, for competition preparation etc. Open Gym is not a babysitting service, nor a time for personal one-on-one instruction.
Pre-registration is required to secure your spot and can be made only with the office staff. The number of available spaces is limited based on the number of staff available. We will only accept cash or check as payment at the time of Open Gym so we can process payments quickly. Open gym passes may be purchased (in person or over the phone) in advance for those who want to pay with a credit card. All passes must be purchased prior to 4PM on Friday.
2. Pre-Registered participants may cancel their reservation at any time prior to one hour before the beginning of the Open Gym with no penalty.
3. Pre-Registered participants who do not make prior arrangements for arriving to Open Gym late will forfeit their space with no refund 15 minutes after Open Gym has begun.
4. Pre-Registered “no shows” for any reason will forfeit their space and their payment 15 minutes after Open Gym has begun.
5. All Open Gym participants must have an Open Gym Registration Form (new) signed by a parent on file with the Office Staff.
6. All Open Gym participants must maintain a standard of behavior conducive to a learning environment such as ours. Arguing,
profanity, loud distracting behavior will not be tolerated and may be cause for removal.
7. Participants who use the Open Gym period as a make up for a missed class must also Pre-Register.
8. Open Gym times are not included in the Competitive Team fees or “Open Workout Privileges” policy. The Open Workout Privileges excludes any non-instructional times such as Open Gym, specially-scheduled Birthday Parties and Field Trips. If Competitive
Team members wish to participate in Open Gyms they may do so when following the normal Open Gym Pre-Registration
Ohio Gymnastics Institute, Inc.
Copyright © 2019 Ohio Gymnastics Institute, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
5701 West Webb Road, Austintown Ohio 44515
|Prices: Member/ Non-members||Open Gym Times|
|Standard||$12.00/$15.00 || Fridays 7-8:30pm|
|Preschool Open Gym||$10.00/$12.00||1st and 3rd Wednesdays of each month 9:45-10:45AM|
|Adult Open Workout**||$15.00||Wednesdays 7:30-9:00pm|