Ohio Gymnastics Institute
5701 West Webb Road, Austintown Ohio 44515
Open Gyms are designed as supervised recreational practice times. Instructors are present to help participants master skills. Even though it is not like our regular class schedule which is an instructional period with lesson plans and a curriculum, plenty of teaching & learning is going on. There is time for play, but most students use the time to work on mastering new and challenging skills. Not every one of our 200 + training stations are open at all times during open gym, but there is never any standing around waiting for turns. Please see the Policy Statement below and recognize that these policies are in place to maintain safety for your children.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN ALL OPEN GYM TIMES - call 330-652-4386 to register over the phone up to 24 hours prior to the start of an open gym session. You may register for an Open Gym up to two weeks in advance. All participants must have a standard Registration form or an Open Gym Registration form on file with the office in order to participate. REMEMBER, IF WE DO NOT HAVE AT LEAST 10 ATHLETES PRE-REGISTERED FOR AN OPEN GYM 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE, THE OPEN GYM WILL BE CANCELLED.
Ohio Gymnastics Institute (330) 652-4386 (voice)
5701 West Webb Road, (330) 652-4387 (fax)
Austintown, OH 44515 OGIOffice@aol.com
|Session||Prices: Member/ Non-members||Open Gym Times|
| Fridays 7-8:30|
|Tuesdays 1-2:15 |
(Group rates available)
|Pizza and Games||$18/|
|Saturdays 6-9 |
2nd Saturday of the month
Member Prices require a $35.00 per year Annual Registration Fee. The Annual Registration Fee includes the cost of an AAU Membership for those who are required to purchase one.
In order to maintain a quality experience for our customers we are modifying our Open Gym Policies. Our primary goal is to maintain a safe, productive environment for our students. REMEMBER: Open Gyms are not designed as an instructional period. Open Gyms are times when participants may work on skills which need to be mastered for the National Gymnastics Skills Test Program, for tryouts, for competition preparation etc. Open Gym is not a babysitting service, nor a time for personal one-on-one instruction.
1- Pre-Registrations for Open Gym are made only with the Office Staff and are billed in advance.
2- The number of available spaces is limited based on the number of staff available. A maximum student / teacher ratio of 15 to one will be maintained at all Open Gyms.
3- Pre-Registration for Open Gyms may be made up to four weeks in advance.
2. Pre-Registered participants may cancel their reservation at any time prior to one hour before the beginning of the Open Gym with no penalty.
3. Pre-Registered participants who do not make prior arrangements for arriving to Open Gym late will forfeit their space with no refund 15 minutes after Open Gym has begun.
4. Pre-Registered “no shows” for any reason will forfeit their space and their payment 15 minutes after Open Gym has begun.
5. All Open Gym participants must have an Open Gym Registration Form (new) signed by a parent on file with the Office Staff.
6. All Open Gym participants must maintain a standard of behavior conducive to a learning environment such as ours. Arguing,
profanity, loud distracting behavior will not\ be tolerated and may cause a participant to be removed from Open Gyms temporarily or
7. Participants who use the Open Gym period as a make up for a missed class must also Pre-Register.
8. Open Gym times are not included in the Competitive Team Regional and National Path “Open Training” policy. The Open Training policy excludes any non-instructional times such as Open Gym, specially-scheduled Birthday Parties and Field Trips (in the current schedule we have 32.5 hours available each week for Open Training). If Competitive Team Regional and National Path members wish to participate in Open Gyms they may do so when following the normal Open Gym Pre-Registration procedures.